Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Drowning

The oceans are vast. No land in sight. Still I swim. 
The day has gone. Has turned to night. Still I swim.

My arms ache. My legs are sore. Can't give in.
It is getting hard to breathe, but still I swim.

There once were places, vast places, where it was dry.
I lost them all, in all the tears I've cried. 

The salty water fills my nose and mouth.
It takes my breath. It steals my screams.

No matter how hard I try, you are not going to return.
In my eyes, I feel the water burn.

I am drowning. 
Drowning in my love for you.
Drowning in my tears.
Drowning in your disinterest.
Drowning from my fears.

This goes on and on and on.
Why does drowning take so very long?

The tears will continue to fall.
Out here there is nothing. Nothing at all.

The world has become so empty...
Will someone come? Will someone rescue me?




No comments:

Post a Comment